Saturday, December 19, 2015

the difference

it's okay sometimes to lose control and give yourself up to the tides of life.

after years of confusion and uncertainty to finally learn the truth

make amends, reminisce, and accept

sometimes it makes sense and it makes everything ok in your heart

it can be healing and empowering in ways that I never anticipated

life is endlessly uncertain and surprising

against our will, the memories still bring smiles

and we must go on

it can be enough if we let it

still the yearning of what could be is ever present

as always

I am not where I want to be

I may never be

but I won't ever quit trying to get there

peace is always worth a try

on the way, I will continue to love my family

the only constant love I have known

picking up pieces of bliss along the way

because, frankly, I deserve it

willing to try if I am met

if not, I am ok

there are still little jewels in life to be discovered

cherished and held

I can tell what is real and sincere

and hold on to those things

and they make life better

there is only one kind of love

the one that is unconditional

the one that accepts

the one that tries to make you happy

even for a moment

it makes all the difference to me







No comments:

Post a Comment